Sunday 21 December 2014

Welcome

The road to medicine

My name is Richard and this blog is a journal of my experience on becoming a doctor in South Africa, the purpose of this blog is to help others who may want to pursue the same path or for those of you who may just need some encouragement. I am willing to help in any way I can, if you have any questions about medicine,BSc or the GEMP please feel free to leave a comment and I will try and respond as soon as I can. Please note that this blog is in no way affiliated with any of the Universities in South Africa.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,I would just like to know what your average was when studying Bsc?And do you know any people who studied B.pharm first and then got into the GEMP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, my average was 72 in second year and 75 in my final year. there are people with slightly lower marks that got in, just aim for 75+ and you should be fine, its all dependent on the competition in the year you apply. I know of one person that studied a B.pharm although it seems your previous degree doesn't matter to much, there are engineers, marine biologist and many unrelated fields that made it in. hope that helps, feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

      Delete
    2. Hey!! I'd like to know, was the test difficult? The list of what to learn is pretty long? Can you recall examples of questions? How deep did you study? Was it one test or is it split into Anatomy physiology and molecular. What's your advise when it comes to the test? Your help will be appreciated 😊

      Delete
  2. Hi I have an avarage of 80% in my undergraduate degree , 91% and 90% in my last 2 final years respectively. how likely that i will be accepted in the GEMP at wits. I have majored in Physiology and Anatomy and Genetics.

    ReplyDelete