Friday 7 April 2017

So close yet so far

I'll start this post with an apology for not updating this blog more often, to all the comments that I have not answered I'm sorry but time has been going so fast and the schedule for fifth year has been extremely tight. 

So on that note fifth year... so close yet so far from the finish. fifth year has been great so far, being in the hospital most of the time is really different to the experience that we have been so used to over the last couple of years. Its not as relaxed as the last two years though there's a lot more involved and there is very little time to have a normal life, however this seems to be the life of medicine particularly at the beginning of every year. Thus far I have completed rotations in pediatrics, urology, ophthalmology and public health, each one having its own highs and lows but the differences is what keeps us going. So what can you expect for each rotation? well as i said each one is different but they more or less consist of shadowing doctors, receiving lots of tuts around the bedside with a real example of the topic at hand and after you done with the long day you normally come home to tons of reading, to further the information you learnt. It has been very interesting thus far and despite the high workload, its been worth it. I have to admit that I have seen so many interesting cases over the last 3 months and would not choose anywhere else to study medicine at this point because of the amazing cases we have in South Africa and the people who never seize to amaze you(they are really amazing).

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Richard, I just wanted to let you know that I've linked to your blog from a (small) list of GEMP blogs on a brand new forum I am setting up here: http://medstudents.co.za/discussion/9/list-of-wits-gemp-blogs
    Please let me know if you would prefer me not to link to your content or if there are any changes you would like me to make? Thank you. Richard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, please provide a link I can use to access the forum the one above reverts back to Google and then back to this one b

      Delete
  2. Hi Rich, thanks for linking my account again. I wish you all the best for the new year keep up the great stuff.

    ReplyDelete