Tuesday 19 December 2017

Another done and dusted

As this year almost comes to a close it’s not hard to appreciate how fast time flies, to be honest this year has been tough yet I can in retrospect say I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have worked with great doctors and learnt a host of knowledge I didn’t even know existed. Medicine is so broad and at times it can be overwhelming. I spent most of my 5th year at BARA( the biggest hospital in South Africa) something that was amazing as the high patient load and interesting people as well as doctors made For a great learning experience. I guess with all careers comes the downside this would definitely be those long calls. Having covered most of the rotations this year I feel that I enjoyed internal medicine the most. Like I said its been a great year and one that has made me change the way I think of many of the specialities in medicine. One year left to go and I know it’s going to be tough but I’m sure if I’ve gotten this far the rest shouldn’t be to bad, for those that are still trying to get into medicine , don’t give up, on a side note I will reiterate as I get many emails asking about the Wapt, I don’t have past papers for this and they don’t exist, the best way to study for it is to learn the stuff on the objectives. I hope this helps those who are interested. If you have any questions please leave a comment and I will try and answer it as soon as I can, have a look at other comments as often I get the same questions. 

I wish everyone all the best for the festive season and the new year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Unkown, I am finally pursuing my dreams of becoming a doctor. I am 24 years old, I have an LLB Degree. Will be re-writing my mathematics and Physical Sciences so I can have them on my matric certificate. Thank you for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete